Friday 23 March 2018

Two for the price of one!

Hello everybody
I have to start with an apology.. There wasn't a blog last week as I was SUPER BUSY helping with the big classroom move. It took some doing but with some wonderful helpers we did it! HUGE THANKS to Mrs Lewin, Miss Allen and Mrs Howard, we couldn't have done it without you :)
With all the sorting and moving alongside a very busy week in class there wasn't much time to take or organise photos either so in the 'gallery' at the end of my waffle (sorry, I mean highly informative blog) I've included some of the pictures from when we had fruit tasting, I particularly like the lemon ones.....

SO onto this week and ohhhh myyyy worrrd what a phenomenally busy week it has been!! I don't know about the children but I've been exhausted by the end of the day, poor Mr Lewis has had to put up with me snoring on the settee (I don't believe I actually snored btw). Sooo moving swiftly on... The children have settled into their bright and airy new classroom with ease and have had a great time exploring all the areas and activities. As well as the usual things they have been....*takes deep breath*
-Finishing work on The Little Red Hen
-Reading The Gingerbread Man which lead to.. making gingerbread men puppets & chasing them around the playground, painting gingerbread men, drawing gingerbread men, writing about gingerbread men and of course BAKING GINGERBREAD MEN. Speaking of which did you hear the stories about the one that escaped?
-After a discussion about what would have happened had the gingerbread man fallen into the water instead of being eaten we had a scientific experiment involving gingerbread men, bowls of water and a freezer...
-On a mini trip to spend some time in the school library to relax with a book
-Learned more ball skills (outside for a change)
-Had a box of frog spawn in the class to investigate
-Dressed up for book day (which was A LOT of fun!)
-Keeping an eye out for signs of spring
-Watching a fantastic show by the Hobgoblin theatre (They LOVED it!)
-Chasing around the playground on an egg hunt

I thiiink that's about it for the week. Now you see why we're all worn out and ready for a holiday!

Just before I go I must say congratulations to our TWO superstars this week, they were both so deserving it was decided we should have them both. Congratulations also go to the lucky recipient of the Head Teachers award!

FINALLY, have a lovely Easter holidays and we will see you soon.

Miss Latham and Mrs Lewis



















No comments:

Post a Comment

What a wonderful class

For the last time... hello everybody! It is usually at the start of a blog I say something like 'oo hasn't this week gone by quickly...